PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chimichurri

Well as many of you soccer fans know by now, Argentina will be playing against Mexico this Sunday and although I'm not a soccer fan myself, the hubby is using this game as an excuse to have me make some traditional Argentinian foods;  so, I thought I'd share some of the recipes every true Argentinian should know how to make (even a half Argentinian like me)! My dad taught me how to make "Chimi" over 20 years ago and it's actually one of my favorite dipping sauces, if you love garlic as much as I do, you will love this recipe too.

Chimichurri

You can mince the ingredients by hand but I suggest using a food processor, this sauce can be served with everything from empanadas to grilled steak.
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
  • 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
  • 2 clove garlic (I use 3 cloves)
  • 1 teaspoon basil, thyme and oregano combined
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and let set for at least 2 hours before serving.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails