PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's Cristmas Eve!

I know, I said I wasn’t hosting Christmas dinner; but that didn’t stop my family from convincing me to host Christmas Eve dinner, even though I’m not the one cooking. My mom is babysitting JD today, because the hubby and I both work (we work in healthcare and hospitals never close), so we agreed that it would be easier for my mom to cook her delicious Dominican fare at our place. Being true to my love of food though, I will be making appetizers and dessert, here is one of recipes, I will be creating tonight.

Cranberry Baked Brie
  • 1 wheel brie cheese (8-12 ounces)
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup cranberry sauce 
  • assorted crackers or bread rounds 


    Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove outer wrapping from brie wheel. Using a very sharp knife, remove the rind from the top of the wheel only, leaving the rind on the sides and bottom intact. Place brie in a shallow pie plate or casserole dish that is slightly bigger than the brie itself.

    Spread the cranberry sauce over the top of the brie, to within 1/4 inch of the edge all the way around. Bake brie in the preheated oven until heated through; about 12-15 minutes.

    Serve in the casserole dish or transfer carefully to a serving plate. Serve warm with crackers or bread.
    Makes about 12-14 appetizer-sized servings.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails